Swim with the club up to 6 times a week, all abilities welcome.
Regular sessions typically have 4 lanes doing a chosen programme or personal training. Fees are £3 for members per session, £2 for concessions (junior, student, super vets) and £5 for non-members.
Every Monday* and Wednesday 17:30 – 18:30, and Friday* 17:30 – 18:30
New College, Whittington Road, Worcester WR5 2JX [map].
*except bank holidays.
Perdiswell leisure centre
Saturdays 17:00 – 18:00, Perdiswell Leisure Centre . Coached session twice a month – usually 1st and last Saturday of the month but subject to change
Venue – Aztec Upton Warren Outdoor Activity Centre Worcester Rd, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire B61 7ER
2019 season started in May (subject to water temperature being >12c). The last OW swims is usually about Sept.
OPEN TO ALL (members and non-members, experts and beginners)
Saturday mornings 7am – 8.30 am and Wednesday evenings 6:30pm – 8:00 pm.
Reasons to swim here:
- 500m course
- Location – 2 minutes off junction 5 of the M5 [map] opposite Webbs of Wychbold
- Water quality – in a word, great! Average depth is around two metres
- Safety – on-water safety cover plus shore safety officer.
- Facilities – ample free car parking, great changing rooms with hot showers and disabled facilities. NOTE if the car park is full we can park in Webbs of Wychbold across the road but note the gates close at 8pm on a Weds eve.
- On site cafe serving great food, cakes, ice creams and drinks (great coffee).
Swim costs are Worcester Tri Club members £3, Non Members – £5.
Don’t forget to bring a bright coloured swim-hat and we suggest footwear to get from the change rooms to the lake (100m walk). Non wetsuit swims for experienced / BLDSA swimmers etc. where temp above 14c.
New swimmers will be asked to complete a registration form. Disabled swimmers welcome of course. Contact Chas if you have any questions
NOTE – PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK THE FRONT PAGE OF WEBSITE FOR UPDATES ON THE LAKE For more details email Chas at email@example.com
Aged 12+ who can swim 400+ metres ‘well’ and subject to approval of Shore Safety Officer /letter or note from Coach are welcome to swim. Distance will be limited to 2 laps unless temperature dictates 1 lap.
Under 8- 12’s must swim close to the beach area NOT round the buoys and be accompanied in the water at all times on a 1 to 1 basis by a competent adult (i.e. one who can swim) and subject to approval of Shore Safety Officer. Adult swims free in this situation.