Swim with the club up to 6 times a week, all abilities welcome.
Regular sessions typically have 4 lanes doing a chosen programme or personal training. Fees are £3 for members per session, £2 for concessions (junior, student, super vets) and £5 for non-members.
The club run 4 week block technique training sessions usually at the Friday session looking at beginners/intermediate technique and these are open to members and non members alike. Contact Chas (email below) for next sessions details.
Junior members welcome on Monday and Friday and can only swim if there is a lifeguard present. Juniors must be able to swim in a mixed lane. Due to changing facilities (i.e. no separate junior and adult) juniors must either arrive changed or change in the disabled WC
Every Monday* and Wednesday 17:30 – 18:30, and Friday* 17:15 – 18:15
New College, Whittington Road, Worcester WR5 2JX [map].
*except bank holidays.
Saturdays 17:00 – 18:00, Perdiswell Leisure Centre . Coached session twice a month starting again soon
2018 season kicks off Weds 2nd May (subject to water temperature being >12c)
Last OW swims of 2018 Weds (5th Sept) and Sat (22nd Sept)
OPEN TO ALL (members and non members, experts and beginners) are held at
Venue – Aztec Upton Warren Outdoor Activity Centre Worcester Rd, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire B61 7ER
Saturday mornings 7am – 8.30 am and Wednesday evenings 6:30pm – 8:00 pm.
Reasons to swim here:
- 500m course
- Location – 2 minutes off junction 5 of the M5 [map] opposite Webbs of Wychbold
- Water quality – in a word, great! Average depth is around two metres
- Safety – on-water safety cover plus shore safety officer.
- Facilities – ample free car parking, great changing rooms with hot showers and disabled facilities. NOTE if the car park is full we can park in Webbs of Wychbold across the road but note the gates close at 8pm on a Weds eve.
- On site cafe serving great food, cakes, ice creams and drinks (great coffee).
Don’t forget to bring a bright coloured swim-hat and we suggest footwear to get from the change rooms to the lake (100m walk)
Under 8- 12’s must swim close to the beach area NOT round the buoys and be accompanied in the water at all times on a 1 to 1 basis by a competent adult (who can swim) and subject to approval of Shore Safety Officer. Adult swims free in this situation.